As the CEO/President, Dave is responsible for communicating and achieving the Firm’s vision. His concentration on strategic planning, business development and firm operations allows Mueller to maintain a long-term and successful focus.
Dave has extensive practice experience in accounting, tax, business consulting, and attestation services. For over 36 years, Dave has worked to develop close relationships with his clients primarily in the manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, professional services, and technology industries.
While Dave’s primary role is the leadership of Mueller’s business operational activities he also spearheads the international business development activities of the firm. This focus has led to provision of services for many foreign subsidiaries on a national level. Dave is also a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and has testified in numerous business valuation litigation cases.
- B.S., Accounting, Illinois State University, Normal, 1980
- C.P.A., University of Illinois, 1980
- Registered Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 1980
- CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst) National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, 1998
- ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants), 2006
- Co-author of Financing the Small Business, published by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, New York
- PKF International, North America, Board Member
- Prairie Capital Advisors, Inc., Board Member
- CPAmerica International, Past Board of Directors, Chair
- Elgin Area Chamber, Board of Directors, 2013 – 2015
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)