Cathy has over 17 years of experience in public accounting specializing in tax compliance and planning for middle-market and family owned businesses. The industries Cathy serves include manufacturing and distribution, professional services, healthcare, technology, and non-profits.
Cathy is actively involved in tax compliance as well as tax planning and consulting in areas such as accounting methods and periods, domestic production activities deduction (DPAD), IC-DISC and ASC 740/FAS 109/FIN 48.
She leads the firm’s training programs for tax staff in preparation of income tax returns for non-profit organizations, corporations, partnerships, individuals, and trusts and also is involved in training of audit staff on tax issues. Cathy has responsibility for quality control review of tax returns prepared by other staff members. Cathy is an active member of the firm’s Not-for-Profit Team and is a frequent speaker on tax legislation, information, and updates affecting non-profits at Mueller’s quarterly Not for Profit Educational Series seminars.
- B.S. Business Administration, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Board of Directors – Blackhawk Area Council of Boy Scouts